Pilot Point Band
Why Take Private Lessons?
Students often benefit from the personalized attention of private music lessons. Our experienced instructors are professionals who have been part of symphonies and world renowned universities and have Master's degrees in music performance or education. Most of them have teaching certifications in the state of Texas as well. They understand what beginning students need and can help take experienced musicians to the next level. Lessons take place weekly, in 30 minute, 45 minute or 1 hour increments. at the Middle School and High School.
As a beginning student, private music lessons are highly recommended to help lay down a strong musical foundation and teach the basic techniques you need to succeed and enjoy your instrument. As a parent with a student enrolled in a school band program, private lessons will finely tune the skills learned in school. Our instructors will give them the individual attention needed to progress to higher performance levels. You will see your child blossom with new confidence as they seize opportunities to try out for auditions and competitions. Additionally, your student’s efficiency while practicing will increase notably, with the detailed instruction of our proficient instructors as they guide the student and enhance the enjoyment of playing. Even for an advanced player, private lessons will polish skills, allowing development of a wide musical repertoire, opening doors to more playing opportunities.
Whatever your level, private instrument lessons enhance the lifelong benefits you gain by playing a musical instrument. Numerous research studies have shown students involved in musical activities:
• Have higher overall academic test scores
• Improve their mathmatical abilities, reading comprehension, problem-solving, memory and concentration skills
• Build self-confidence, good self-esteem and self-discipline
• Learn the value of teamwork and leadership
• Improve hand-eye coordination, thus increasing physical neural connections in the brain
• Develop an appreciation for the fine arts
• Tend to be more relaxed having a method of self-expression.